With an exciting few months ahead of us we’re already in the process of taking on 2016 at full throttle and it all starts next week on Wednesday February 3rd, with the release of our latest update, Showcase.
So what’s in the Showcase update? Let’s dive into all the details.
Building an awesome ride is only part of the fun, the other is showcasing it for the world to see. That’s why we’re introducing Snapshot Pro, a mode which will allow you to create some stunning photos of your favourite car.
Hit start to get to phone screen, then select Snapshot Pro from the phone menu. You’ll then be able to manoeuvre the camera around the car, apply a number of custom settings such as depth of field, brightness, contrast, vignette, saturation and more. You’ll also be able to apply a number of pre-set filters, allowing you to achieve great results in a very short amount of time.
Here are some of the shots we’ve created with Snapshot Pro, we can’t wait to see what you do with it!
Since launch, we’ve constantly been blown away by the talent and creativity being shown by the Need for Speed community when it comes to wrap creation. We’ve seen wraps inspired by past NFS games, comic books, films, and much more.
Wrap Sharing has been one of the most requested features to date and because of this we’re adding a new option within the Paint and Wrap section that will allow you to browse and download wraps shared by other players. If you’re a wrap creator then simply mark your creation as shareable and it’ll show up for everyone else.
Downloading and applying a community made wrap is as easy as heading into the community wrap section in the 'Paint and Wrap' section, finding one that you like and hitting the download button. Once downloaded you'll then be able to apply it to your ride and even edit and tweak it should you wish.
Customization continues to be something we see you talking about and requesting more of, which is why we’ll be following in the footsteps of the Legends update and adding another 100+ new customization items in this update.
In total, eleven new cars will be getting new parts:
- Ford Focus RS
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28
- BMW M3 E92
- Ford Mustang Boss 302
- Ford Mustang Foxbody
- Ford Mustang GT
- Mazda MX5 (2015)
- NISSAN 180sx Type X
- NISSAN Silvia Spec-R
- SUBARU BRZ Premium
- SUBARU Impreza WRX
Want to test your skills against other people? We've added a “Competitive” option at the front menu which will see you placed in a game with other players who are also looking to race competitively. Or, select “Alldrive” and you can experience Need for Speed as it is now.
You’ll now have the option to customize the license plate on your car, giving you even more options to personalize your ride.
You’ll be able to choose from a selection of backgrounds from past NFS games including; Redview, Fairhaven, Palmont City, Rockport, Olympic City, Bayview and Tri City Bay. Alongside the backgrounds you’ll also be able to apply a number of frames to complete the look.
Players of previous NFS games will be familiar with the gas stations and their ability to repair your car. Something we heard directly from you, the NFS community, is that you wanted this functionality brought back. You missed the option of having your car look new again, instead of having to wear the scars of racing until you ventured back to the garage.
As such, all gas stations in Ventura Bay will now repair your car, free of charge. Simply drive your car through the station and it’ll be looking as good as new. And to help you out further, we’ll be adding all gas stations as points of interest on the map.
New Trophies and Achievements
Three new trophies and achievements will be added to the game, go out and earn them all:
- Filter Addict - Take a Snapshot with a Filter in Snapshot Pro Mode
- Wrap Artist - Share a Wrap with the Need for Speed Community
- Climbing the Ranks - Reach Monthly Rank 10 by completing Daily Challenges
Full Patch Notes
- New Feature: Wrap Sharing
- New Feature: Snapshot Pro Mode
- A new "Splash" screen which gives players information on what is included in the new updates from the Living Game
- A new Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
- Improvements to Kickbacks and likes on snapshots
- 100+ new customization items for a variety of cars
- License plates are back. Apply around 10 different license plates to your car for more in depth customization
- We've made more improvements and bug fixes to multiplayer. You can now play with like-minded people, if you want to play competitive then you can now select this option when matchmaking and join a world with people who also want to play competitive.
- 3 new Trophies and achievements
- Drive through a Gas Station and repair your car on the fly.
- A variety of tweaks and improvements including AI, player feedback, Gameplay and World
- Fixed a couple of bugs for Eddie's challenge
- Multiple stability fixes
Become part of the conversation on all things Need for Speed by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, listening to our music on Spotify and being the first to watch our new videos by subscribing on YouTube. To get started in Need for Speed visit the buy page. Play Need for Speed No Limits on Mobile.