Competitive Multiplayer, Prestige Mode and Activities are rolling into the next Living Game update, coming April 27th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
New Feature: SpeedLists
Multiplayer is an area that we know many of you are deeply passionate about, and we’re really excited to be bringing you SpeedLists, a feature which builds upon that competitive gameplay you’ve been requesting.
SpeedLists are a series of five pre-selected events that you compete in against other human opponents. Getting into the action is quick and easy, simply select the new SpeedList tile from the main menu, chose from Quick Play, Speed, Style or Mixed, and away you go.
At the end of each event you'll gain points for the place you finish. Then, once all events have been completed and the points tallied up, the final standings are displayed and the best racers shown off in a short cinematic sequence.
Once the winner has been crowned, the action starts again, meaning for those that enjoy competitive multiplayer racing, SpeedLists will quickly become the go-to choice.
As you play SpeedLists you’ll soon find yourself awarded one of the titles below based on your overall position within the NFS Community. Be warned though… there can only be one World Champion.
- Street Urchin
- Sunday Driver
- Wannabe Racer
- Stick shifter
- True Contender
- Rising Star
- Night Rider
- Top Competitor
- SpeedList Junkie
- SpeedList Pro
- SpeedList Master
- Urban Legend
- Chosen One
- The 1%
- Top 100
- Top 10
- World Champion
New Feature: Prestige Mode
We've upped the ante on some of the best events in the game. Test your skills and beat the target scores across each of the Five Ways to Play; Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw; to once and for all prove that you really are the Ultimate Icon.
Once you’ve completed the main narrative you’ll get a call from an old friend who’ll hook you up with all the details. From there, a brand new App will be installed into your phone, allowing you to toggle between both regular and Prestige events.
New Feature: Activities
Located across Ventura Bay will be two new types of Activity for you to participate in, Drift Corners and Speed Runs.
Approach a Drift Corner and send your car sideways to rack up the points, or go full throttle through one of the Speed Runs. Keep your run clean and leave your mark on the Speedwall - with bragging rights at stake you’ll want to ensure you’re coming out on top.
Achievements & Trophies
Three new achievements and trophies are waiting for you to unlock and collect.
- Basic Bronze: Win all the Prestige events
- Gold Plated: Win Gold on all Prestige events
- Speed Master: Win all the events in a SpeedList
We’ve made some changes to the way Daily Challenges award decals. Whereas previously you had to complete all three to win the Decal, moving forward, each Daily Challenge that you complete will reward you with one of 150 decals on offer.
Earn them all and take the personalization of your ride to the next level.
Full Patch Notes
With this Living Game Update players will now be able to experience Need for Speed Multiplayer in a brand new way in SpeedLists, and replay the best of the story events with a much harder twist in Prestige.
Test your skills versus other players in custom made tournaments to become the Speedlist World Champion.
- There are different types of tournaments so choose the one that suits you: Speed, Style or Mixed.
- Use the time between Speedlists to tune your car and get the winning edge.
- The higher you finish in each event, the more SpeedPoints you'll rack up.
- Join a Speedlist at any moment and you will race the next event available in the tournament.
- Are you ready to try some of the best events from the story but in HARD MODE?
- Prestige offers a collection of tougher Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw events.
- Once you’ve completed Story mode you can expect a call from some old friends to let you know about this new challenge.
- Turn on Prestige from your phone to toggle between regular and Prestige events.
- This time winning isn’t everything. You’ll have to beat a series of increasingly tough target scores to earn Gold in each event.
- Drift or Speed? Choose your style and compete with your friends for the best scores in these short skill challenges.
- Drift long, hard and fast through the Drift Corners to smash the target score.
- If Speed is your game, then some short and challenging Speed Runs are out there for you.
- Remember not to collide and keep up the pace so you can leave your mark on the Speedwall.
- Collect them all and keep playing to stay top among your friends and earn those bragging rights.
- Challenges now offer a unique wrap editor decal for each Challenge beaten.
- There are over 150 Daily Challenge decals to collect, previously only available if you beat all three daily challenges.
- Keep playing to earn more decals and personalize your ride.
- Forced Induction and a new visual Engine are all now available on the Ford 1932 Hotrod
- New Community Campaigns for REP bonuses, $ bonuses and discounts - keep watching our Social Challenges for details on upcoming events
- 3 Brand new Achievements & Trophies. These ones are tough!
- Improved network warning messages for players with a poor connection
- New red zone on the rev counter to clearly see your rev limit
- Updated Drag Race Outro comparison screen
- Various Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Multiple stability fixes