December 13, 2011
Title update 1.3 for Need for Speed The Run is out now on PlayStation 3, and will be out shortly for XBOX 360. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the game, we appreciate all your comments and the devs have worked hard on this update, taking many into consideration.
The update will be available at different times around the globe, so please be patient if it’s not available for you right now.
Here is a short list of the updates:
- Improvements to reset behavior in Single Player:
- When players go off track, they will be reset back onto the track (similar to the reset behavior in online multiplayer races) instead of at the last checkpoint. Crashes will still result in a reset to the last checkpoint.
- We’ve modified the reset behavior for a number of tracks in The Run where resets seemed too close to the main race route. This should reduce some frustration for players where they’ve suddenly been reset by just barely going off course.
- Multiplayer – reduce the severity of racer to racer collisions in multiplayer races and jarring reactions by the game camera.
- Multiplayer - Fix to address a connectivity issues sometimes seen when attempting to join multiplayer sessions on PS3
- Multiplayer – Fix for load and connectivity issues being experienced on PS3.
- Autolog – fix an issue where the Autolog friends list would sometimes appear empty and Speedwalls would display ‘Your Friend’ instead of the proper friends name.
We’ll let you know as soon as the patch is released on Xbox 360. As for PC, we do have a patch in the works but no ETA on when it will be released.