Welcome back to Under the Hood. Strap yourself in for an exciting edition as we lay out all the details on our next update, called Legends. Did we mention... it’s coming out this Wednesday, December 9th.
Since launch we've picked up your messages around the telephone and the frequency of calls - based on this feedback we have made a number of improvements to the phone system in general, including an option to mute phone calls entirely.
The Return of Eddie
There aren't many characters in Need for Speed history who are as legendary as Eddie. After a decade of doing his own thing, he’s back, and heading straight towards Ventura Bay.
He’s put together a list of the hottest street racers in Ventura Bay and you’re on it! He isn't alone though as he’ll be accompanied by Melissa. She’ll be in touch as you look to compete in a series of knock-out events to earn a shot at Eddie himself, with the goal of walking away with his tricked out Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (1999).
One of the key bits of feedback we’ve been receiving is that you’d like to see some more customization parts – and that's exactly what we're giving to you! We’ll be adding 113 new items, spread across six cars that we felt needed some love in the visual customization department.
Dodge Challenger SRT8
Ford Mustang 1965
Honda Civic Type-R
Lotus Exige S
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Music has always had a special place in Need for Speed and we’re delighted to be able to add a selection of new tracks. For those of you that have been with us for a while now, these songs may strike a chord:
- Aquila 303 – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Overheated – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Scud – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Toxic Exhaust – The Need for Speed (1994)
- Menu – NFS II (1997)
- Romulus 3 – NFS II (1997)
- Sirius 909 – NFS III Hot Pursuit (1998)
- Callista - NFS Road Challenge / High Stakes (1999)
- Quantum Singularity – NFS 4 Road Challenge / High Stakes (1999)
- The Good, The Bad, The Eddie – NFS Underground (2003)
- Intro Song – NFS Underground 2 (2004)
- The Baddest – NFS Underground 2 (2004)
- I Am Rock – NFS Most Wanted (2005)
- Belt – NFS Carbon (2006)
- Hard Drivers – NFS Carbon (2006)
- Induction Kit - NFS Carbon (2006)
- Decalomania – NFS Pro Street (2007)
- Dampener Rod – NFS Pro Street (2007)
- Bezel – NFS Pro Street (2007)
We’ve loved seeing the wraps you've been creating, and we’ll be adding in a whole host of new pre-set ones that you may recognize from past NFS games, allowing everyone to get access to some of the most iconic designs through NFS history.
- Chad – Toyota Supra SZ-R
- Samantha – Honda Civic Type-R
- Rachel – Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1999
- Caleb – Ford Mustang 1965
- Big Lou - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
- JV – Dodge Viper SRT
- Sonny – Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Kira – Mercedes-AMG GT
- Taz - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
- Webster – Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Victor – Toyota Supra SZ-R
- Baron – Porsche Cayman GT4
- Ronnie – Mercedes-AMG GT
- Ming – Lamborghini Aventador
- Jade – Ford Mustang GT
- Izzy – Mazda RX7 Spirit R
- Razor – Ford Mustang GT
- Earl - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
- Angie – Dodge Challenger SRT8
- Karol Monre – Ford Mustang GT
- Nate Denver – Ford Mustang Boss 302
- Ray Krieger – BMW M3 E92
- Rayo – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
Love creating your own wrap? You may be wondering if we’re going to be adding in any new decals to the game. If so, you’ll be pleased to know that we've got a bundle of new decals on the way to make your one of a kind ride even more unique. With over 200 decals being added there's something for every ride.
Maximum REP increase
We increased the REP limit from 50 to 60 in the Icons update and will be doing the same again in Legends. With an increase up to REP level 70, you’re going to be able to head back onto the streets, earn REP and along the way unlock new decals.
For each REP level you gain between 61 and 70 you will unlock a brand new decal. From a Speedhunters heart to Drift Punk logo, there’s something to help finish off your latest wrap design. We’re big fans of the fish at REP level 67, keen an eye out for that one!
We’re expanding on our list of collectables too. First up is a brand new type for you to seek out and add to your collection.
Urbex Spots are located across Ventura Bay and can include; graffiti murals, statues and other interesting details you may have missed when travelling past at 200mph. There are ten in total, just waiting for you to find.
We’re also adding in 12 new donor cars. Finding these will unlock one of the new pieces of customization that we are adding into this update. Track them down and add their parts to your inventory.
Achievement and Trophies
Three new achievements and trophies will be unlockable, go out and earn them:
- Zero to hero – Win a race while driving Eddie’s car
- Eddie is back – Win Eddie’s progression
- Hit the ceiling – Get to REP level 70
Brake Discs and Calipers
Fans who have been with us since the day we announced will have noticed we talked about the option to customize brake discs and calipers. We’ve applied the necessary polish and made the required tweaks and can now confirm that both of these customization options will also be included within the Legends update.
More daily challenges are the on way and will give you even more new ways to hit your monthly rank targets.
General bugs, tweaks and improvements
We’ve squished a number of bugs and made improvements across a variety of areas, including AI.
Full Patch Notes
- Brand new progression thread unlocked at Rep Level 25. Eddie and Melissa are back and ready for a new challenge in Ventura Bay. 15 new events with a great reward at the end
- Unlock Eddies Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (1999)
- 12 new Donor car collectables hidden around Ventura Bay
- 10 Urbex spots – Collect interesting spots around Ventura Bay
- 113 New customisation items for a selection of cars
- New screens in My NFS to track new collectables and progression
- Rep Level has now been increased to 70, each level unlocking new decals for the Wrap editor
- 3 New Achievements & Trophies
- New Daily Challenges and new rewards
- Hundreds of new decals so you can make your favourite Need for Speed cars
- 20+ Pre-set Wraps from Most Wanted, Underground and Pro Street
- A selection of new music tracks to remind you of the old days
- Ability to mute new phone calls
- Phone call improvements
- You can now customize brake discs and calipers!
- Improvements to AI
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
The Legends update is released this week, December 9th and be sure to keep your eye on our YouTube channel for a sneak peek of Eddie in action. If you're planning to pick up Need for Speed on PC in Spring 2016 then all of this content will be available to you day one.
Become part of the conversation on all things Need for Speed by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, listening to our music on Spotify and being the first to watch our new videos by subscribing on YouTube. To get started in Need for Speed visit the buy page. Play Need for Speed No Limits on Mobile.