December 15, 2010
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / game patch 5.04 to Need for Speed World. See Release notes below.
Two (2) Hours
Start: 20:00 hrs (8:00 PM) PST / 23:00 hrs (11:00 PM) EST / 04:00 hrs (4:00 AM) GMT
End: 22:00 hrs (10:00 PM) PST / 01:00 hrs (01:00 AM) EST / 06:00 hrs (6:00 AM) GMT
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not be able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.
- Night has arrived! This all-new Time of Day has been added to the game. Race your friends and battle the cops under the cover of darkness.
- Добро пожаловать! Russian localization support has been added to the game, as well as the website
- ‘Snowflake’ Porsche 911 Turbo is available for purchase with SpeedBoost and comes with a exclusive livery, a unique snowflake effect, and is outfitted in ‘Race’ level parts.
- Race your friends in the “Home for the Holidays” Community Event located in Downtown Rockport
- Check out the new Holiday-themed Vinyls, available to you when you purchase 17,500 SpeedBoost during the holidays.
- An option to purchase cars permanently using SpeedBoost has been made available in the Car Dealer screen in-game (previously available exclusively via the Web Store)
- Fixed race countdown slowing down on low frame rates.
- World Map filters should now hide/show the correct icons during races and pursuits
- Fixed an issue where Leaderboards would load indefinitely for some players in the News Feed
- The incorrectly named ‘Beach & Chancellor’ race event has been renamed to ‘Condo Row’
- Resolved an issue where the ‘One More Lap’ powerup was not affecting all players in a race
- AI racers no longer suddenly change direction during the ‘Campus Interchange Circuit’ event
- Server-time clock now displays the time correctly between 00:00 and 01:00
- Players can no longer activate ‘Shield’ or ‘One More Lap’ powerups within a Meeting Place event
- Fixed a number of races that listed the incorrect track length in their description
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Emergency Evade’ visual effects were displayed incorrectly when driving on snow
- An appropriate error will now display when attempting to install a higher Tier part on lower Tier cars
- Fixed an issue where certain textures were missing at Low and Minimum levels of detail
- A number of clipping and flickering issues in the world have been resolved
- Overlapping text improvements for localized languages
- When purchasing a car in-game using SpeedBoost, the extra car slot will not appear until players exit and re-enter to the Safehouse