January 31, 2011
If you haven't yet submitted an entry into the Need for Speed World Create a Track contest you better get on it. The contest closes at 11:59 PM (PST) February 2, 2011 so you only have a few more days to enter. We received thousands of entries so far and it's going to be difficult for us to pick the winner. Here are the details for the contest in case you haven't had a chance to read though them yet.
In the Create a Track Contest we want you to create a track for us using the world map below. Simply draw your race route on the map and submit it to NFSDrew. We'll even let you name the track!
The best track as judged by Marc De Vellis (NFS World Producer) and Azlan Mustapha (NFS World Designer) will be declared the winner. Once a winner is chosen, we'll create their track and implement it in the game for the entire world to race on!
Here are the details of the Create a Track Contest:
How Do I Participate in the contest?
In order to participate in this contest follow these simple steps:
1. Download the large version of the NFS World world map by right-clicking on the image of the map above and select the "Save Link as..." option. Alternatively, you could click on the map above to display the large version; once the large version is displayed right-click on it and select the "Save Image as..." option.
2. Using an image editing program (MS Paint, PhotoShop (Trial), etc) draw your track (race route) on the world map and save it.
3. Once you've finished creating your track submit it to NFSDrew via email.
How do I Win (Winning Conditions)?
The player that submits the best track will win. Marc De Vellis and Azlan Mustapha will review each entry and choose the best track therefore the winner will be determined by subjective judgment.
What do I Win (Prize):
The winner will have their track built and implemented into NFS World. It will be available to race on in-game mid-March depending on the complexity of the track.
1. A player must submit their entry via email to NFSDrew (Drew@NeedforSpeed.com) in order to be eligible to win
2. The track must contain a race route
3. A player may choose to include a name for their track. If no name is provide the NFS World team will make one up.
4. The track name must be rated E for Everyone. This means that the name cannot contain any text that contains inappropriate language (abusive, hateful, racially, religiously or ethnically offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights)
5. The track can be either a Circuit race or a Sprint race
6. A player can submit as many entries to the contest as they wish
7. There are no regional and/or language restrictions in this contest. Anyone in the world in any language can enter.
8. The NFS World Create a Track Contest officially began at 00:01 / 12:01 AM (PST) January 19, 2010 and ends 23:59 / 11:59 PM February 2, 2011.
9. Winners will be announced on or about February 7, 2011. Please note that due to the over-whelming number of entries the winner announcement may be delayed to on or about February 11, 2011.