May 12, 2011
Today we're extremely excited to announce the latest DLC pack for the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED racing game, the Speedhunters Pack.
The SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED Speedhunters pack, available on May 17th, contains two new branches including Drag and Standing mile. Each branch features nine new events, where players will only be able to use the manual gear change so that they can really feel what it’s like to be in the driver’s seat. This means the traction control features will be forced off and the HUD will display a new rev counter and gear indicator.
The difference between the two modes is simple – Drag judges the fastest time over a quarter mile stretch, and Standing Mile judges the fastest speed achieved over a mile stretch. Both branches allows for new high-power customization options where players can create 1000 horsepower engines capable of reaching speeds of over 250 mph.
In addition to the two new game modes, the Speedhunters pack also features fourteen new cars; twelve of which are specially tuned Speedhunters vehicles available to compete in all disciplines:
- Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
- Lexus LFA Speedhunters
- Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
- McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
- Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
- Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
- Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
- Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
- Toyota Supra Speedhunters
- Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (reward car)
- World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (reward car)
Of course you're going to need some drag strips to race on so we've also got six new tracks in three locations for you:
- Miyatomi Drag Strip
- Miyatomi Mile
- Aguera Drag Strip
- Agueda Aerodrome
- Nevada Drag Strip
- Nevada Freight Yard
Players can purchase the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED Speedhunters pack on May 17th for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace or $9.99 on the PlayStation®Network.