June 28, 2011
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / a game patch to Need for Speed World. Please see Release Notes below.
June 28th, 2011
Start: 2pm (14:00) PDT -- 5pm (17:00) EST -- 10pm (22:00) GMT
End: 5pm (17:00) PDT -- 8pm (20:00) EST -- 1am (1:00) GMT
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game. The world.needforspeed.com web servers will also be undergoing maintenance during this time.
- A new game mode, Treasure Hunt, has been added to the game. Once a day, 15 Treasure Icons will be hidden in different parts of your world. Use your map and mini-map radar to find and collect all Icons within the day to receive Rep and Cash Rewards!
- The all new Team Need for Speed BMW Z4 GT3 has been added to the game, and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- The Transmission on the Nissan GT-R (R35) has been reconfigured to free up the top gear which was limiting its top speed
- The Differential on the Nissan GT-R (R35) has been reconfigured to distribute power evenly which affects its overall responsiveness
- A 6th gear was added for the Lexus ISF
- Some improvements were made to shorten queue times during periods of high game activity
- Matchmaking has been tuned to improve quality of matches found during high game activity
- Fixed an issue which caused bird sprites to appear behind a player’s car after activating the Slingshot Powerup
- Fixed an issue that caused vinyls to appear distorted on the Audi TT RS Coupé equipped with INNOVA or OFFROAD visual packages
- Fixed an issue that caused sections of the hood to appear transparent on the Chevrolet Corvette equipped with the OPTIMA visual package
- A number of visual packages for the Toyota Corolla GT-S [AE86] that were missing Nitrous VFX were fixed
- A number of environment/world fixes were made